We currently have three positions available:
- Professional Standards Advisor, deadline May 24, 2019
- Marketing and Editorial Designer, deadline May 29, 2019
- Programs and Events Coordinator, deadline May 30, 2019
Professional Standards Advisor
Deadline: May 24, 2019
This position is responsible for assisting the Manager, Professional Standards in planning, coordinating and executing departmental activities and initiatives that are aligned and support the departmental and Board level strategic and operational goals. On occasion, this position will act on behalf of the manager.
This position is the first point of contact for:
- Responding to members’ and consumers’ complaints, concerns and questions.
- Providing professional standards coaching to Members.
- Advising consumers and members about professional standards and industry practises.
This includes the following:
- Respond to member and consumer complaints, questions, and concerns about professional practices, industry standards, REALTOR® Code of Ethics, and REBGV Rules of Cooperation.
- Investigate and liaise with complainants, respondent members, and any other party involved to identify issues of concern; informally resolve the issue(s) with the consent of the parties if possible, and if not resolved, to forward a file to the Business Practices Department.
- Answer member telephone and email questions about professional standards. Advise members regarding the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, Standards of Business Practices, and Rules of Cooperation.
- Answer consumer enquiries and advise consumers of their role in their relationship with members and their role as a buyer or seller. Inform consumers regarding suggested courses of action they can take to deal with or get a resolution to their complaint or enquiry.
- Compose correspondence and communications, maintain records of complaints, contacts with members or consumers, and prepare statistical reports.
Knowledge and skills
A critical aspect of this role is the ability to develop and maintain business relationships with REALTORS® and managing brokers. As such, the Professional Standards Advisor must establish credibility and trust with the membership demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the rules, policies, and legislation that Realtors work within, in addition to the day-to-day challenges Realtors and brokers deal with on a regular basis. Consideration would be given to candidates who have equivalent experience/knowledge in a similar field. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Completion of a two-year post-secondary program at a college, university, or technical school is required.
- UBC Residential Trading Services (licensing course) would be beneficial.
- A minimum of three years experience as a practicing Realtors or industry equivalent would be beneficial.
- A thorough understanding of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, Board Rules and Regulations, the Real Estate Services Act, and other relevant statutes is beneficial. Must also understand commercial real estate practises, professional and prevailing business standards, and daily activities and obligations of Realtors in the marketplace.
- This position requires critical and conceptual thinking, the ability to analyze and problem solve, and to explain complex policies and concepts so they are easily understood.
- Must be able to compose professionally written correspondence and possess well developed, clear, and concise verbal communication skills.
Please send your resume and covering letter to Wendy March, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com. We’re accepting applications until May 24, 2019.
Marketing and Editorial Designer
Deadline: May 29, 2019
Do you have a passion for design and storytelling? We’re looking for someone who can elevate our visual storytelling.
You’ll be in charge of creating visually stunning and persuasive online and print materials. With the support of our communication team, you’ll own our branding across all channels and departments.
This means you'll have your hands in a little bit of everything: editorial content, newsletters, annual reports, presentations, logos, illustrations, advertisements, brochures, infographics, email banners, website content, landing pages, and other content that connects, inspires and engages our audiences.
You’ll have the freedom to identify, pitch, and create visuals that strengthen our stories and enrich our brand. You’ll be encouraged to push to organization to always explore new approaches and technology that help us tell our stories in the digital world.
To thrive in this role, you must understand fundamental principles of design and be attuned to the latest trends in web and graphic design. You know, for example, when to incorporate static and motion into your designs.
You'll collaborate with our communication team for guidance but will take responsibility for creating a majority of the branding designs across our websites, social media, and other digital and print assets.
You’ll create brands for new services and marketing and change management campaigns.
You’ll work with our IT and communication teams on projects that involve web design of landing and content pages, micro sites and social platforms.
A variety of requests will be asked of you in this role. The ideal person has a well-rounded design portfolio, is self-motivated and can convert thoughts, suggestions, and feedback into compelling design.
We’re looking for a problem solver. We'll need you to think on your feet, meet deadlines and always make sure we’re using the power of visuals to effectively communicate with our audiences.
The ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of web and graphic design experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in design.
- A diverse design portfolio.
- The ability to create clean and modern presentations in PowerPoint.
- Experience designing and delivering annual reports.
- Experience creating brands for campaigns and products.
- Experience creating web pages, online brochures, micro sites and other digital assets.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across different departments to convert user needs and business goals into engaging visual content.
- Shown the ability to think quickly on your feet to conceptualize and execute a visual solution.
- A drive to take initiative, work independently and always meet deadlines.
- A desire to learn and grow.
- A solid understanding of best practices in brand standards.
- A belief that workplace culture is important.
- An interest in current events and creating timely, relevant editorial content.
- The ability to produce illustrations, logos in different styles when necessary.
- Experience working as a freelance illustrator or in an editorial art department (would be an asset).
Please send your resume and covering letter to Wendy March, Manager, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re accepting applications until May 29, 2019.
Programs and Events Coordinator
Deadline: May 30, 2019
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) is presently seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and detail oriented individual to provide Event Coordination for Board events. This position will be a valued addition to the REBGV team of 80 employees who support over 14,000 REALTOR® members by delivering the tools and education they need to provide their clients with the best possible service.
Reporting to the Manager, Member Services, you’ll use your knowledge and experience to plan, coordinate, and implement amazing REBGV events.
- Generate event work-plan/timeline and budget
- Coordinate event venues, supplies, AV requirements, operations, logistics, entertainment, volunteers
- Manage event ticket sales and registration, liaise with director of catering and other venue staff
- Maintain event databases and track historical records of event activities, sponsors, contacts, communications, etc.
- Communicate event goals, budget, and activities
- Develop event programs including theme, content and sourcing of speakers
- Minimum of two years experience in event coordination and/or completion of event planning education program/coursest
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, desktop publishing is an asset
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Flexibility, solution oriented, deadline-driven
- Tactful and customer focused
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
Please send your resume and covering letter to Wendy March, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com. We’re accepting applications until May 30, 2019.
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver is a great place to work!
We are an innovative, quality-focused association with more than 14,000 REALTOR® members. Our commitment is to provide members with the services and tools they need to serve their clients and the real estate needs of their communities..
Building upon our proud history, the Board is a teaching, learning, coaching organization. We promote life-long learning, and believe in the value of sharing knowledge with colleagues, members, and others who may benefit from what we learn.
We have a can-do attitude and have confidence in our people to do their jobs well.
Our committment to quality and excellence is highlighted in this video: