Here are 9 ways to get ready for fall
Sure signs that fall is coming are shorter days and the start of school. Fall also means it’s time to begin preparing our homes for oncoming cooler weather.
1. Check for leaks and drafts
2. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
3. Store or cover seasonal furniture
4. Prepare for power outages
5. Winterize your air conditioning
6. Inspect the roof and clean the gutters
7. Trim back trees and shrubs around your home
8. Arrange an energy audit
9. Get your fall and winter tool box together
Fall will come quicker than you think, so be sure to get your fall and winter tools together in one place for easy access. This would include a rake, leaf blower, broom, snow shovel/blower, and salt or grit.