- renters identify landlords committed to providing safe, secure, professional rental housing; and
- landlords better understand their rights and responsibilities under the BC Residential Tenancy Act.
The LandlordBC Landlord Registry is a database of registered landlords who have:
- completed the Landlord Registry e-learning program, a comprehensive, legislative online course;
- passed an exam with an 80% grade; and
- received a I Rent It Right™ certificate demonstrating their commitment to providing secure, professional rental housing.
Landlords, with any number of units, including basement suites and small rental investment properties, can register.
“Although our mandate is to support landlords throughout the province, we came to develop the registry out of a desire help renters. Tenants are our customers and we want them to be happy,” said David Hutniak, CEO of Landlord BC.