Buying or selling property can be complicated, whether it’s a condominium, a detached home, a building lot, or an office building. It’s also a significant financial transaction. It’s important to get the best help you can.
REALTORS® are professionals who can help you buy or sell a property. They are trained to:
- work within the REALTOR® Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice
- provide you with protection against misadventure and fraud
- stay current on information you need to know by participating in ongoing professional education programs
- make the best possible use of the MLS® property database to help you sell your property or find your new home
- have the marketing and negotiating skills that will help you make the right purchasing or selling decision.
Is your agent a REALTOR®?
Not all licensed or registered brokerages or real estate agents are REALTORS®. REALTOR® is a trademark identifying real estate licensees who are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association. REALTORS® adhere to a strict set of standards called the REALTOR® Code and Standards of Business Practice. The REALTOR® Code is a firm set of rules, describing our members’ commitment to high standards and their obligations to you.
|The value of working with a REALTOR®
REALTORS® provide a broad range of services, depending on their individual business models.
|Why choose a REALTOR®?
REALTORS® are experienced professionals who have access to many resources that provides clients with a high level of service and protection.
|Find a REALTOR®
Finding a REALTOR® to work with is one of the first steps to buying or selling your home.
|Become a REALTOR®
A career in real estate can include home sales, commercial sales, investment real estate, and property management.