Buying or selling property can be complicated, whether it’s a condominium, a detached home, a building lot, or an office building. It’s also a significant financial transaction. It’s important to get the best help you can.
REALTORS® are professionals who can help you buy or sell a property. They are trained to:
- work within the REALTOR® Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice
- provide you with protection against misadventure and fraud
- stay current on information you need to know by participating in ongoing professional education programs
- make the best possible use of the MLS® property database to help you sell your property or find your new home
- have the marketing and negotiating skills that will help you make the right purchasing or selling decision.
A REALTOR® can provide you with the following services:
- will help you adopt a sound negotiation strategy and negotiate on your behalf
- assess market trends by reviewing current home sale data on the MLS®
- advise on any development plans in the neighbourhood
- review any past permits taken out for the property
- assist with the many forms used in a transaction
- help you determine an appropriate offer
Is your agent a REALTOR®?
Not all licensed or registered brokerages or real estate agents are REALTORS®. REALTOR® is a trademark identifying real estate licensees who are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association. REALTORS® adhere to a strict set of standards called the REALTOR® Code and Standards of Business Practice. The REALTOR® Code is a firm set of rules, describing our members’ commitment to high standards and their obligations to you.